This might be the strangest Easter we ever experience, it’s still a few weeks away so who knows what will transpire by then, but in Vegas all non-essential business is closed at a minimum through April 16th so it’s looking like it will be a weird one. In the midst of this serious situation, I think it will be a really beautiful Easter. Slower, focused, intentional… Here are some things we’ll be using/doing and what is going in the kids “Easter Basket” along with some other Easter Basket ideas.
The two books I’ll be using leading up to Easter are the Jesus Storybook Bible and The Biggest Story (you can see my five favorite kids Bible books here). Another book I wish we had is The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross.
Last year for Easter we took a family hike and at the highest point we read the Easter story from the Jesus Storybook Bible. Such a sweet memory and we might do it again this year!
We have a “vintage” Resurrection Eggs set, there are some on Amazon but the one I linked originally won’t arrive until after Easter so I don’t want to link any. It’s a cool interactive way to walk through the Easter story with visual cues to help the kids remember.
I grabbed some plastic Easter eggs on sale a couple years ago that you can dye, color, etc… so we’ll be using those. I don’t think we’ll be dyeing any real eggs this year, too hard to find them and I’d rather eat them!
A couple years ago we did some Easter handprint and fingerprint art (just look on Pinterest for ideas) and they turned out so cute!!
Michaels is offering curbside pickup (and have tons of Easter crafts, stuff for baskets, decor, etc…) but what is available varies from store to store so I’ll just leave the link here for you to check out.
Check shipping times before you order! I know Amazon is changing the way they do things right now to prioritize essentials (as they should!). I removed several items from my list because they wouldn’t arrive until after Easter but I can’t keep checking and items I’m including now may change in the coming days.
For a few years I did mostly art supplies with some Dollar Tree fillers. Here are some things I’ve included before and some other ideas:
- Kwik Stix (awesome quick-drying paint sticks)
- Scented Markers (because they’re just more fun!)
- Do A Dot! Markers (lots of free printables on Pinterest to use with these)
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Water Gears Bath Toys
- Pipes Bath Toys
- Mini Wet Brush 3-Pack
- Water Wow! On-The-Go 3-Pack
- The Honest Company Sweet Orange Vanilla Conditioning Detangler
- Triangular Mechanical Pencils (designed for kids)
- Toddler/Little Kid Pool Slide Sandals
- Travel Size Spirograph
- Baby/Toddler Sun Hat
- Kids Headphones
BIGGER STUFF (size and/or cost)
- Dress-Up Monarch Wings
- Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit
- My First Magic Show Set
- Lego Case
- Mental Blox Critical Thinking Game
- Klutz brand has TONS of cool sets on Amazon!
- Mosaic Design Building Kit
- Crayola Scribble Scrubbies Pet Set
- OK to Wake! Alarm Clock
- Tie-Dye Kit
- Kids Camera
- Crayola Night Light Picture Projector
- Salt Water Sandals (my favorite kids sandals!)
- Balance Bike
- Highlights workbooks, puzzle books, etc…
- Ed Emberley’s Fingerprint Drawing Book
- Epic LEGO Adventures with Bricks You Already Have
- How to Draw 101 Animals
- Q&A a Day for Kids: A Three-Year Journal
Last year did 1-2 “bigger” items ($15-30 total) for each kid along with some Usborne books.
- LEGO BrickHeadz Easter Bunny
- Melissa & Doug Adventure Design Activity Kit
- Cabbage Patch Doll
- Doll Carseat
- Usborne Books (last year they got What is Poop? and Adding and Subtracting Activity Book)
This year I’m doing one basket for both kids, and it’s not a basket, it’s a little wagon! Here’s everything that is going in:
- Radio Flyer Little Red Wagon (won’t arrive before Easter now)
- The Rabbit Listened (Book)
- Kanoodle 3-D Puzzle Game
- Crayola Window Markers (can’t find them available online now)
- Usborne Books (the adding and subtracting activity book I got Simon last year was so great I got that one for Betsy this year and some more advanced math books for Simon)
Ideas for teens (things I have and think your teen might also like!):
- Gooseneck Phone Holder
- Ice Roller
- Leopard Headbands (set of 4)
- Panama Hat
- Winged Eyeliner Stamp
- Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- Bluetooth Remote Control Shutter for iPhone & Android
- 14-Piece Makeup Brush Set
I hope you got some good ideas here! Happy Easter! Be safe and stay home 🙂
Disclosure: the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. You can read more about that here. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to follow along as I blab about fashion, being a mommy and more!