We are trying to take advantage of the amazing weather right now and plan little day trips on Kyle’s day off. Today we went to Valley of Fire, which is only about an hour outside of Vegas. It costs $10 to get in, we packed lunches, did some hiking, played hide and seek and had a BLAST! Not only will we go back, we’ve already planned our next visit for next week when we have family from Indiana visiting!
Me and Betsy wore our matching overalls (and onesies, haha!). Cute as can be and super comfortable for hiking!
my overalls (wearing a L) |similar tank top bodysuit (I have this in burgundy and sized up to an XL and it’s a little loose but in a good way, not skin tight) | my shoes (I have these in 3 colors, they are so comfortable!) | Betsy’s overalls | Betsy’s bodysuit (H&M makes onesies for up to 3-4yr olds!) | Betsy’s shoes
The contrast between the red rocks and the vibrant blue-green shrubs was stunning!!!
Simon had SO much fun climbing around on the rocks! After we stopped for lunch we played hide and seek and on our last round he hid so good we started getting worried!
There are multiple hiking trails and most are pretty short and easy, but there’s endless fun with climbing around on the rock formations. Just don’t touch the petroglyphs!
- Go during the cooler months, it was in the 60’s while we were there and absolutely perfect weather. I saw several signs that warned against hiking when it’s super hot out.
- Pack a picnic/snacks and water.
- Have the kiddos wear long pants so they can climb the rocks without scraping their knees.
- Wear sunscreen!
- If you have a little one who is potty training bring your little potty in your vehicle, I doubt Betsy would have used any of the outhouse type bathrooms!
- Most of the trails are very sandy, we wore sneakers and had to dump them out after our hike but I’m glad we didn’t wear sandals.
Disclosure: some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. You can read more about that here. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to follow along as I blab about fashion, being a mommy and more!